Open Position: Store Manager
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Candidates applying must be available to work Full Time (40 hrs/week), available to work weekends and some evenings
• Responsible for effectively running all store operations and activities.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all staff.
• Set an example for all staff by demonstrating superior communication and customer service skills.
• Ensure timely communication of product knowledge, systems training, customer service skills, merchandising techniques and issues of security to all employees.
• Responsible for hiring, orientation, and on-the-job training of all new employees.
• Staff coaching and development.
• Prepare in advance, lists of tasks to be accomplished during any foreseen absence (i.e., day off or holidays).
• Conduct weekly group meetings as a means to discuss ideas, new product information, current or upcoming retail promotions and any additional retail initiatives.
• Communicate ongoing review of sales statistics in order to direct and promote positive selling efforts.
• Continually keep lines of communication open with senior management.
• Review daily report summaries.
• Ensure completion of payroll & paid time off records.
• Review monthly, all store statistics and maintain up to date records.
• Minimum 4 years Retail Management experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior customer service skills
• Strong merchandising skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid planning skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Proven problem solving and decision making skills
• Personal discipline
• Exceptional time management & organizational skills
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to learn and understand administrative responsibilities
Hatley Little Blue House is a leading Canadian company designing and manufacturing better apparel and giftware for the whole family. In business for 30 years, Hatley is best known for its fun, well designed and nature-inspired products. It’s Hatley’s mission to manufacture quality garments in an ecologically responsible way, and to give back to the community. Sold in 26 corporately owned stores, online, and in over 4000 independent boutiques around the world, Hatley is one of Canada’s fastest growing retail brands. With a dedicated and passionate team of motivated people, Hatley offers an inspiring and dynamic work environment. Visit our website and read more about Hatleys’ fun-filled story.
Why Hatley? Why not make Hatley your home away from home....
• Opportunity to diversify your skill set by participating in different projects
• Opportunity to make a big impact
• Relaxed family-like environment
• Working with dynamic staff
• Personable, friendly staff
• Health Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• management: 1 year (Preferred)
• leadership: 1 year (Preferred)