Agent, Eastern Townships Partners for
Health and Social Services Network
Number of positions available: 1
Place of employment: Sherbrooke and/or Lac-Brome (Knowlton)
Work environment: Regular daytime schedule with occasional evening/weekend work required. Flexible, hybrid work environment (offering remote work and office work opportunities), with an option to work out of each of Townshippers’ Association’s offices depending on need/location.
Language requirements: Bilingual position; fluency in both English and French required.
Salary: Up to $40,000 annually; based on experience and credentials (35-hour work week).
Term: This is a permanent position with funding through to March 31, 2023, and the possibility of an extension.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
You might like this job if: You are organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy planning and carrying out activities. You like getting to know people, learning new things, and sharing your knowledge with others. You work well alone, but also enjoy working with others. And, finally, you are looking for a flexible work opportunity where no two days are the same!
The successful candidate will collaborate with community and institutional partners in the Eastern Townships to identify and address service delivery needs in the health and social services sector as they relate to the official language minority community in the Eastern Townships. To fulfill this objective, they will:
- Organize and attend meetings with partners in the health and social services field;
- Develop, co-host, and/or organize health and social services workshops and activities for community partners and community members;
- Represent the interests of the English-speaking community on local, and sometimes regional, committees and tables;
- Collaborate with community partners and institutions to carry out community outreach programs that support the needs of the English-speaking community;
- Work with community partners to develop programs and activities for the community that address social determinants of health;
- Participate in other Townshippers’ Association activities and projects as required.
- Excellent organizational and networking skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Leadership, coordination, and interpersonal skills;
- Innovative, dynamic, and hard-working;
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously;
- Ability to self-organize and effectively communicate an initiative’s goals and objectives;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently other related tools (e.g., Office 365, Canva, Zoom, Teams);
- Demonstrated ability to execute an action plan and collect data;
- Familiarity with regional issues, demographics, and the English-speaking community in the Estrie region;
- University degree in education, community development/outreach or equivalent experience (3-5 years). Other combinations of relevant training and experience could be considered;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language (written and spoken) and an advanced ability to communicate in French (written and spoken). The ability to translate from English to French / French to English is considered an asset;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have consistent access to a vehicle (regular travel within the region required).
Send an English letter of intent* and CV to:
Director of Programs and Communications
By email: email@example.com
*We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted; applications received without a letter of intent will not be retained. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.