Number of positions available: 1
Place of employment: Sherbrooke
Work environment: Regular daytime schedule with occasional evening/weekend work required. In-office position, with a possibility of occasional remote work if desired.
Language requirements: Excellent English-language skills; advanced ability to communicate in French.
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour; based on experience and credentials.
Term: This is a permanent, part-time position (up to 20 hours per week) with funding confirmed through to March 31, 2023, and the possibility of an extension.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
You might like this job if: You are organized, detail-oriented, love numbers and office supplies, and want to work in a relaxed office environment. If you enjoy helping people find answers to their questions, are an enthusiastic problem-solver, and a born helper, this job might be right for you. Every day, you will have new opportunities to learn, to grow, and to help your colleagues make their programs shine!
The successful candidate will collaborate with the Association’s leadership team and assist the office manager in the Sherbrooke office with day-to-day administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) answering phones, ordering supplies, preparing meeting agendas and meeting notes, printing, mailing, filing, scanning, etc. They will also work closely with the Association’s accounting clerk to maintain the organization’s bookkeeping and financial records. Related tasks may include coding invoices, preparing monthly spreadsheets for budgets and salaries, mailing cheques, preparing bank deposits, and more.
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of SAGE Simply Accounting software;
- Ability to self-organize and effectively manage multiple project budgets;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously;
- Excellent English-language skills (written and spoken) and an advanced ability to communicate in French (written and spoken);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently other related tools (e.g., Office 365, Canva, Zoom, Teams);
- Post-secondary degree in administration or office automation, or equivalent experience (3-5 years). Other combinations of relevant training and experience may be considered;
- Experience in office management or office automation will be considered an asset;
- Experience in managing non-profit finances will be considered an asset.
Send an English letter of intent* and CV to the attention of:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*We thank all candidates for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted; applications received without a letter of intent will not be retained. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.