You might like this job if: You are organized, detail-oriented, love event planning and office management, and want to work in a relaxed office environment. If you enjoy helping people find answers to their questions, are an enthusiastic problem-solver, and a born helper, this job might be right for you. Every day, you will have new opportunities to learn, to grow, and to help your colleagues make their programs shine!
The successful candidate will collaborate with the Association’s leadership team and assist the office manager in the Sherbrooke office with day-to-day administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) answering phones, ordering supplies, preparing meeting agendas and meeting notes, printing, mailing, filing, and scanning. They will also work closely with the Association’s staff, board of directors, and community volunteers to plan and carry out the Association’s annual awards ceremony and the organization’s annual fall activity, Townshippers’ Festival. From time to time, they may be asked to provide some basic accounting support to the Association’s Accounting Clerk.
- Post-secondary degree in administration or office automation, or equivalent experience (3-5 years). Other combinations of relevant training and experience will be considered;
- Excellent English-language skills (written and spoken) and an advanced ability to communicate in French (written and spoken);
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to self-organize and effectively manage multiple projects or tasks;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently other related tools (e.g., Office 365, Canva, Zoom, Teams);
- Event-planning or organizing skills will be considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary: Up to $20.00/hr, based on experience and credentials;
- Very friendly work environment & a great team;
- Flexible, hybrid work environment (offering remote work and office work opportunities), with an option to work out of each of Townshippers’ Association’s offices depending on need/location.
Term: This is a permanent, part-time position (up to 20 hours per week) with funding confirmed through to March 31, 2024, and the possibility of an extension.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Place of employment: Sherbrooke
Work environment: Regular daytime schedule with occasional evening/weekend work required. In-office position, with a possibility of occasional remote work if desired.
How to Apply:
Send an English letter of intent* and CV to Maggie Severs, Executive Director, Townshippers’ Association, by email: email@example.com.
*We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted; applications received without a letter of intent will not be retained. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.