Animator / Day Activities Employee
DEPARTMENT: Day Service
SUPERVISOR: Day Service Manager, Camp Programs Coordinator
The function of this position is to create and lead activities for the daytime activities service by promoting the integration and social participation of users. It must allow the user to continue to maintain his/her achievements in terms of social, motor and intellectual skills as well as to offer diversified activities that meet, as much as possible, the different needs and interests of the person in continuity with his intervention plan (IP) or individual service plan (ISP).
SKILLS – SKILLS – REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
• Good interpersonal communication, team spirit
• Be creative, have an artistic flair
• Be organized and have a sense of initiative
• Knowledge of PDSB
• Adopt a helpful and friendly attitude when meeting clients and co-workers.
• Maintain a constant service that complies with standards; consequently, the work schedule must be adjusted to customer requests and camp needs, and is therefore subject to change.
• Comply at all times with camp standards and regulations in order to maintain the safe and efficient execution of camp activities.
MAIN TASKS AND FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare, organize and lead a special daily, artistic or recreational activity (1 hour).
• Co-host activities with the chef according to the Project 21+ collaboration agreement
• Purchase materials for art projects or other materials needed for activities.
• Analyze and manage the skills and physical abilities of each user
• Complete, as needed, the user communication notebooks
• Make, if necessary, the daily schedule of certain users
• Assign, as needed, the daily tasks of users
• Assist, if necessary, users in their ADLs
• Reheat participants' lunches/snacks
• Provide specific care as needed (administering medication, emptying the bladder, etc.)
• Assist with hygiene needs
• Participate in meetings with the manager (evaluation, follow-up of users)
• Any other tasks requested
• Must be able to physically help users, especially when traveling
• Mobile work (indoor, outdoor, activities)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Have a minimum of experience with DI, ASD, or mental health clients.
A college diploma, in educational intervention or in leisure activities or in mental health an asset.
Holding your PDSB card is an asset.
Be functionally bilingual (oral and written).
Start date: August 15 (Preferably)
To apply please call 450-204-1234 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org