The Certified Caregiver supports and accompanies residents in their activities of daily living (ADL) to maintain or restore the autonomy of the individual. As a member of the Care team, the Certified Caregiver contributes to the provision of a high-quality living environment for residents that is both secure and adapted to their needs.
1. Assists residents in their personal and hygiene care.
2. Gives basic care in the activities of daily living, respecting their capacities and potential.
3. Participates in the admission and integration of residents to the residence.
4. Establishes a relationship of trust with residents.
5. Communicates changes in behavior of residents to the Nursing team in a timely manner.
6. Contributes to the safety of residents.
7. Completes other tasks as assigned.
- DEP in Healthcare Assistance or Home Care Assistance; completed or in process - Work experience in a senior living environment (an asset)
- Good knowledge and command of spoken and written English and French - Ability to communicate effectively and work in teams - Current CPR, PDSB and First Aid - Demonstrates adaptability, initiative and the ability to problem solve
- Listening skills and empathy - Treat confidential information in a rigorous and professional manner in accordance with the code of ethics of the institution