Claims Assessor – Property & Casualty (Student)
Are you a people person with a knack for providing excellent customer service? Are you interested in working part time (or partial) time in a multilingual and friendly environment that encourages personal and professional development? We would love to meet you!
As a Claim Assessor , you’ll be reporting to the Team Leader – Property and Casualty. You will be an ambassador for Global Excel as you evaluate and enforce claim benefits and limitations based on a comprehensive understanding of the applicable policy wording, client culture and intent. You will contribute to cost containment efforts by validation claims for authenticity and investigating legitimacy of documentation received to direct the claim to the appropriate process or outcome. You will also have the opportunity to impact the customer journey through direct interaction with clients by phone and email to open claims, ensure their understanding on what information is needed and how to complete a claim submission.
What are the main responsibilities?
- Effectively utilize claims system to track claim progression and customer communication;
- Inform customers on the overall claim process, required documentation and status of their claim;
- Complete administrative tasks as delegated by the Team Leader and as per business needs;
- Take ownership of complaints or complex files to ensure the claim is resolved.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Work on a part time schedule during off hours Monday to Friday, Weekends and Holidays;
- Motivated by delivering best in class customer experience;
- College diploma or equivalent, with 1 or more years of customer service experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French; (this is an absolute requirement)
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills;
- Autonomous, professional and detail-oriented;
- Knowledge of claims assessment is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and the Internet.
What does Global Excel offer you?
- Global Excel offers more than a position;
- We offer a professional future with a competitive compensation including base salary, performance bonus and benefits;
- Please reach out to your local HR department if you would like to know more about benefits offered in your site.