Avante is a non-profit community organization that runs its own women’s centre in Bedford, Québec. The centre offers women from Brome-Missisquoi services and runs activities for them. Its overall mission is to support and improve the lives of women both individually and collectively. It does its work using a feminist approach and all workers must follow strict rules of confidentiality and demonstrate trustworthiness and approachability.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the centre’s Coordinator, the facilitator/counselor is expected to:
• Welcome, listen, and offer support to women by phone and on-site;
• Hold one-on-one meetings as needed;
• Refer and accompany women to other services as needed;
• Plan activities/workshops ensuring their contents are in line with the Centre’s philosophy and the feminist intervention approach;
• Facilitate or co-facilitate activities/workshops;
• Write newspaper articles and promote activities/workshops;
• Participate and/or get involved in the collective actions and associative life of the organisation;
• Support the development of new projects;
• Participate in team meetings and all other meetings required by the Centre’s Coordinator or Board of Directors
• Have knowledge and experience related to the duties and responsibilities;
• Having worked or been an activist in a women’s group is an asset;
• Be a feminist;
• Have a good knowledge of MS Office and social medias;
• Have a good command of written and oral English;
• A good knowledge of French is an asset;
• Have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
• Familiar with the organizations in Brome-Missisquoi is an asset.
Personal Qualities and Abilities
• Good at establishing contact with others;
• Empathetic and excellent listening skills;
• Autonomous and good sense of initiative and organization;
• Analytical skills;
• Good at taking on responsibilities and following through;
• Excellent adaptation skills;
• Able to work alone or with a team
• Daytime with some evening and weekend work;
• 30 hours a week;
• Two work locations: Bedford and Knowlton
Send CV and cover letter to the hiring committee at 9, rue de la Rivière, Bedford, QC J0J 1A0 or by email to email@example.com before September 16, 2022.
We would like to thank those who have sent in their offer of service but only those selected for interview will be contacted.