Reporting to: Director of Corporate Services
Hours of work: Full-time 40 hours per week, flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends on occasion.
Grace Village is a non-profit organization committed to providing essential nursing care for seniors, many of whom have experienced a loss of autonomy. In our Grace Village care pavilion, we strive to provide a rewarding, team-based work environment that maximizes our staff's skills and experience. Grace Village is committed to quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of resident-centered care.
Description of the Role
The HR Coordinator role includes responsibility for overseeing the entire process from first contact to departure for employees in accordance with established policies and procedures, in a time sensitive and deadline driven service-oriented environment. This also includes the responsibility of helping to organize, coordinate, and carry out Human Resources processes and projects for the organization. Reports directly to the Director Corporate Services to fulfill a variety of Human Resources tasks and projects. This includes recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training, and development.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in business or management or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in a related role
• Verbal and written (English & French) communication skills required
• Demonstrated and excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability to work independently
• Strong customer service background required
• Knowledge of shift scheduling (an asset)
• Must be able to exercise judgment, professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion particularly when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential issues • Working knowledge of the payroll process (an asset)
• Previous experience in an administrative position (an asset)
• Proficiency with computer applications including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Personable and approachable
• Ability to prioritize
• Proven ability to collaborate and work in teams
• Contribute to a positive work environment
Our mission is to provide Excellent, Loving and Compassionate Care to seniors in our community, if you would like to join our team please attach your resume along with a cover letter and submit to Grace Village for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Grace Village applies an equal access to employment program.