Global Excel at a Glance:
Global Excel Management Inc. specializes in controlling health care costs in the North American, Caribbean and Mexican health care systems. We provide cost containment, medical case management, assistance, legal recovery and claims adjudication services to leading international insurers, brokers, third party administrators, and insurance assistance companies.
This position exists to increase the Legal Department’s capacity for providing creative legal solutions to achieve business results by assisting company lawyers in the performance of administrative tasks related to regulatory compliance, intellectual property, supplier contracts, corporate insurance coverages and various other legal matters.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Obtain, maintain and research occupational licensing for the sale and administration of insurance products and services;
• Monitor and ensure ongoing compliance within the organization;
• Maintain existing intellectual property registrations and obtain new registrations as needed;
• Collect background information from internal clients and suppliers, assist with contract review and monitor internal compliance;
• Collect background information from internal contacts, complete insurance forms and liaise with external insurance contacts;
• Maintain a log of all required insurance certificates;
• Support with various other legal matters;
• As requested by the Legal Counsel, assist with various support tasks to increase the Legal Department’s productivity, this includes:
o Draft and review correspondence to and from the Legal Department;
o Review documents;
o Perform research assignments.
• Law Degree from a recognized university or equivalent;
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience;
• Excellent English writing skills;
• Experience in a corporate legal department or law firm;
• Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
• Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment;
• Outstanding attention to detail.
Global Excel Offers You:
• Three weeks of vacation;
• An extensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life and travel insurance, as well as a retirement savings plan;
• A flexible and supportive work environment;
• A company wellness program that includes an onsite gym, opportunities to participate to fitness classes, discounts at local businesses as well as “lunch-and-learns” on various topics linked to health and wellness, an onsite clinic etc.