Job offer : MADA (Municipalité amie des aînés) Project Manager
Located in the MRC Brome-Missisquoi, the town of Sutton is a municipality of more than 4,000 permanent residents and more than 3,500 vacationers. About 1,340 seniors (65 years and over) make up Sutton’s permanent population according to the 2016 census, which corresponds to nearly a third of its population. In February, the Minister responsible for Seniors and Caregivers, Marguerite Blais, confirmed the contribution of financial assistance for the Municipalité amie des aînés (MADA, Municipality-friendly seniors) financial support program. Thus, the Town is beginning the process of updating its 3rd Policy on Families and Seniors, and it is in this context that it is looking for a:
MADA PROJECT MANAGER
Under the authority of the coordinator for Sutton’s Recreation and Community Life Department and in collaboration with the elected official responsible for the “seniors” file, the person holding the position of project manager will be in charge of coordinating the production of a portrait of the municipality (socio-demographic, services, etc.) and of organizing the citizen consultations leading to the drafting of the 3rd Policy and a new action plan. The position demands the following:
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate the compilation of the data necessary for the socio-demographic portrait and the aging of the population.
- Produce, revise and update working documents, consultation tools, and any other relevant documents needed for the update of the new action plan.
- Write the 2023–2025 Policy and Action Plan.
- Collaborate with the steering committee throughout the process.
- Organize the citizen consultations and the launch of the 2023–2025 Policy and Action Plan.
- Plan and organize the promotion and communication of the process.
- Ensure the budgetary follow-up of the process.
Education and experience
- Possess a university degree in recreation, social work, cultural animation, or any other related field. Technical training with experience related to this position will be considered.
- Have experience in public consultation, citizen participation and mobilization of local actors.
Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrate autonomy and initiative.
- Work well in a team.
- Have experience in project management.
- Have a good knowledge of technological and computer tools.
- Have a car and be able to use it for work.
- Be ready to work flexible hours (daytime, evening, and weekend).
- Have a good knowledge of the municipal environment (an asset).
- Have a good command of French (bilingualism, an asset), given Sutton’s bilingual status.
- Two (2) years contractual position.
- Part-time, 20 hours per week, according to a flexible schedule.
- Pay rate of $25 per hour.
- Certain reimbursable travel expenses.
- Starting as soon as possible.
Those wishing to apply must submit their curriculum vitae before April 23, 2021, at 4 p.m., to the attention of:
Coordinator of the Recreation and Community Life Department
Town of Sutton
11 rue Principale Sud
Sutton, Québec J0E 2K0
Or by email at the following address: email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, but please be advised that the Town of Sutton will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.