Champlain Regional College is seeking the services of a Pedagogical Counsellor (Techno-Pedagogical Counsellor) for a part-time (80%) specific project of 2 years with possibility of renewal at Champlain College- Lennoxville.
Reporting to the Dean of Faculty and Academic Affairs, the Techno-Pedagogical Counsellor will be involved with functions of counselling, animating, supplying information, development, support and feedback to teachers, staff working with teachers and other College stakeholders associated with teaching and learning. Her/his work focuses on integrating technology into teaching practices and supporting innovation in teaching and learning strategies.
1. Participate in the development and delivery of training and technology support needs for teachers;
2. Identify best practices in the integration of learning technologies and educational innovation to support student learning;
3. Advise and assist teachers and staff in supporting teaching, designing and evaluating pedagogical strategies related to the use of technology in teaching and learning;
4. Under the auspices of a techno-pedagogy committee, contribute to the development of a cohesive digital action plan for Champlain – Lennoxville in conjunction with IT colleagues, and subsequently deploying, evaluating and reporting on the implementation of said plan;
5. Support the development of the digital skills of teachers and staff through development activities to enable them to develop and integrate digital skills into their teaching practices including the development and curation of instructional content for teachers to use with students;
6. Provide information, technical and pedagogical advice on the use of technology for teaching, material development and online training and participate in the development, improvement and evolution of various projects using technology for teaching and e-learning (training modules, teaching resources etc.), for regular and continuing education sector;
7. Initiate, plan and collaborate in the development of projects with the different departments involved in implementing technological tools to support pedagogy, such as digital educational resources and digital learning environment;
8. Document the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of pedagogical strategies and scenarios using a variety of technologies and applications;
9. Support the development, evaluation and revision of College programs with a technical focus, serving on program development, implementation, evaluation and revision committees (alongside faculty representatives and the Dean). The incumbent may be called upon to assume the role of lead writer for local program documents. Will also provide support on an ongoing basis to specific programs in the management of the College’s regular and continuing education programs of study (eg. generic course plans, course outlines, course grids, success rates, etc.)
10. Seek faculty feedback and provide advice on the purchase of equipment, teaching materials and the layout of teaching spaces;
11. Participate in and represent the College on various committees and in technical organizations, notably participating in the REPTIC network and the development of the e-campus;
12. Perform a variety of related tasks related to educational activities.
Undergraduate degree in education, preferably in Education Technology or in a related subject area.
Mastery of spoken and written English; fluency in French, both spoken and written; Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative interpersonal relationships; An understanding of classroom management and how technologies are used in a classroom setting; Prior teaching experience, ideally as a blended-learning instructor and preferably at the college level; Knowledge of assessments and evaluation of competencies using technological tools Proven problem-solving, research and planning skills; Excellent knowledge of and a willingness to develop the use of digital learning environments and course management systems such as Léa and Moodle; Excellent knowledge of and a willingness to develop the use of online collaboration platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams; Demonstrated skills in the design, implementation and production of techno-pedagogical strategies and tools that support learning and teaching; Experience in project management and the ability to stay organized and on task. Duration of contract : 2 years
Salary Scale : $46 114 to $82 585
Anticipated Start Date : 2021-03-15
Start of Posting Period : 2021-02-26
End of Posting Period : 2021-03-09
Champlain Regional College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory with your application, therefore please be sure to submit yours.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email inviting you to attach your CV in order for your application to be considered