Term: Full-time for the duration of the project (funding confirmed through to March 31, 2023; possibility of extension)
Language Requirements: Fluency in both English and French is required
Region: Eastern Townships – Sherbrooke office
Salary: Up to $40,000 annually based on experience (35-hour week)
Start Date: Immediately
Context: Townshippers’ Association seeks an individual with proven experience in community and network development to join its project management team. The successful candidate will collaborate with partners and stakeholders in sectors outside of health and social services to increase the capacity of initiatives supporting the vitality of English-speakers in the historical Eastern Townships.
• Excellent organizational and networking skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
• Leadership, coordination and interpersonal skills;
• Innovative, dynamic and hard-working;
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously;
• Ability to self-organize and effectively communicate the initiative’s goals and objectives;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently other related tools (Ex.: Office365, Canva);
• Demonstrated ability to execute an action-plan and collect data for program evaluation;
• Familiarity with regional issues, demographics, and the English-speaking community in the Estrie region;
• Knowledge of Official Language policies and Official Language Minority Communities;
• University degree in education, community development/outreach or equivalent experience in a similar role (3-5 years). Other combinations of relevant training and experience could be considered;
• Demonstrated mastery of the English language (written and spoken) and an advanced ability to communicate in French (written and spoken). The ability to translate from English to French/French to English is considered a strong asset;
• Possess a valid driver's license and consistent access to a vehicle.
Send an English letter of intent* and CV to:
Rachel Hunting, Executive Director
By e-mail: email@example.com
*We thank all candidates for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted; applications received without a letter of intent will not be retained.