The Yamaska Literacy Council (YLC) is a community-based adult literacy organization in Brome-Missisquoi and Haute-Yamaska that provides literacy services in English. Through a grant from the Community Foundations of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund, we are seeking an individual to support the YLC community to adapt to digital platforms in order to engage in remote learning.
Working under the supervision of YLC’s Executive Director, the contractual Technical Training and Support Agent will offer online/phone individualized and group tutoring/training to help YLC volunteer & learners learn how to use technologies that will allow them to adapt to online tutoring and related tasks.
Education and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong background in providing technical support to learners with basic or no digital skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering training to diverse learners (one to one and small group)
• Expert knowledge of iOS and Android technologies
• Knowledge of online platforms (Zoom, Google Hangouts. etc.)
• Ability to organize, plan, and facilitate online workshops and training
• Ability to work with people with diverse learning needs and abilities
• Flexible and adaptable
• Independent, organized, responsible, creative and dynamic
Location: Mostly online or by phone; may require some on-site work in Brome-Missisquoi and/or Haute-Yamaska communities (respecting COVID-19 regulations and to be discussed on a case by case basis)
Type of Employment: Contractual, November 30, 2020 March -27, 2021
Application deadline: November 30, 2020
Please send CV and letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org