The Trail Construction and Maintenance Worker will :
- Carry out various tasks related to trail construction and development using tools such as shovels,
pickaxes and crowbars;
- Construct steps and staircases using stones and wood found in the environment;
- Design irrigation channels to keep the walking surface as dry as possible;
- Ensure that the walking area is safe by removing or relocating any obstacles that may hinder the
walker (trees, shrubs, rocks, vegetation, etc.);
- Clearing and felling trees on trails and in rest areas;
- Transporting materials and equipment.
The Trail Construction and Maintenance Worker may be assigned other related duties.
- Secondary 4 certificate and three (3) to six (6) months of relevant experience;
- Good physical stamina and manual dexterity;
- Ability to withstand Mother Nature's weather;
- Manual felling card with chainsaw an asset;
- Knowledge of trail building methods, and knowledge of the park's trail system is an asset;
- A valid driving license.
- Employment period: from the beginning of June to mid-November 2022;
- 36 hour work week, Monday to Thursday
- Salary: Starting at $17.50 per hour
Send your questions or resume to email@example.com Subject: JOBS 2022