What is Job Links?
Job Links is an employment search service managed through the Eastern Townships School Board. Job Links counselors meet with clients one on one to explore the clients’ interests, abilities, and values. The counselors help clients understand the job market, it’s required training and resources that are available to them; the process ends with an action plan built for the client.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible as a Job Links client you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be an English-speaker residing in the Eastern Townships;
- Be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) cannot start with the number 9;
- You cannot be working or in school full-time (more than 15 hours);
- You cannot be on a student or a work visa.
How do I connect with Job Links?
For information or to make an appointment contact the Job Links team:
New Horizons Adult Education Centre
2365 Galt West
Sherbrooke, Qc. J1K 1L1
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.